The main goal of the app is to analyze textual and network data. Please feel free to upload and analyze your own data. Here are listed some additional data fetching functions.
The app can be used to fetch tweets through the Twitter API. This system works only with V2 ACCESS, not with previous versions of the Twitter API.
Please refer to the Twitter documentation to obtain the API Keys (necessary to use the Twitter fetcher). Please also be aware of the API limits, which might change depending on the Twitter policy.
- The search query can be specified by using Twitter standard operators, an example is
"happy hour" OR #freedrinks (happy OR moments). Please do not specify the language in this query. The corresponding search results can be visualized on search.twitter.com (this is a recommended step before starting the fetcher).
- Language is used to specify the language of tweets.
- The maximum number of tweets has to be specified to avoid exceeding the API limits.
- Start and End Time fields can be used to limit the time interval for downloading tweets. Please be aware of the Twitter API limits.
- The premium checkbox can be selected to use premium Academic APIs for a full archive search - please refer to the Twitter documentation.
Starts the fetcher and collects the tweets that match the search query. Tweets can be downloaded and subsequently uploaded to the app for analysis. In case of errors, the fetcher can also be stopped.
A CSV file where the comma is used as the separator.